Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Friday, February 16, 2007
Where no man has gone before. . .
Are you a Star Trek fan? I watched and enjoyed the TV series and saw all of the movies, but I wouldn't consider myself a Trekkie. So, why am I picking on Star Trek today? Well, I discovered that I and the person pictured here today have a few things in common, so I thought I'd share.

1. I was five weeks old when he was born on this day way back when.
2. We were both born in Army Medical Centers.
3. Both of our fathers were career Army NCOs.
4. We've both written and published a book.
5. We both are strong believers in reading to, with, and for, children.

Other things you might not know about him.

-- He has directed more episodes of Star Trek than any other on-site actor.
-- He played the role of Kunte Kinte in the TV mini-series "Roots." It was his first acting job.
-- In 1990 he received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
-- He created, produces, and directs "Reading Rainbow" on PBS.

Who is he?

Labels:

2 Comments:
Blogger robynl said...
LeVar Burton (The young Kunte Kinte

Oh how I loved the show Roots and the original Star Trek.

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Me, too, Robyn. As I said, I'm not a Trekkie, but I did like the show when it was on.

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)