Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Monday, February 19, 2007
What are we?
Well, I struck out on two fronts today (actually three, since I have to work today). I couldn't find anything interesting that related to Black History and nothing interesting about Washington or Lincoln. Despite that we are celebrating their birthdays today, today is neither of those days.

So, as I was perusing my lists of things that happened today, who was born, who died, etc. I found that a number of people with the same occupation had this date in common. So, your question for today is:

What do the following people have in common, besides either being born or dying on February 19?

1605 Orazio Tiberio Vecchi
1616 Jacques de Saint-Luc
1671 Charles-Hubert Gervais
1785 Johann Christoph Richter
1790 Jean-Baptiste Krumphultz

1812 Lauro Rossi
1815 Leonhard von Call
1822 Jeronymo Francisco de Lima
1858 Alois Basil Nikolaus Tomasini
1880 Arthur Shepherd
1886 George Luther Foote
1894 Ernesto Camillo Sivori

And, two extra challenges just for today:
1. post the actual birthdates of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln and your name goes into the hat; and
2. for a chance to win another prize today, pop over to the Writers Across Time blog, where I blogged about castles today.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:
Blogger robynl said...
Some of them were composers.

George Washington was actually born on February 12, 1731/32 of the Julian calendar, in use before England's calendar reformation in September 1752. His birthday is equivalent to February 22, 1732 in the Gregorian calendar used since 1752. Later in life, Washington himself considered February 22 to be his birthday.
Abraham Lincoln's is Feb. 12/1809

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
According to my listing, they were all composers.

Wow, Robyn, I'm impressed. I'd actually forgotten about the "lost days" in the calendar "update" of 1752. Thanks for the wonderful - and useful - information.

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)