Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Saturday, February 10, 2007
Random Facts
Yesterday was a mess. I woke up with a migraine and the day went downhill from there. And, last night and this morning as I was looking at the facts for yesterday and today, I didn't find anything that jumped up and screamed "Me! Me! Write about me!" Instead I found a few interesting facts that I thought I'd share.

February was not a good month if you aspired to sit on England's throne. Especially if you were Lady Jane Grey (beheaded Feb 12, 1554) or Mary, Queen of Scots (beheaded Feb 8, 1587). Nor was it a good month to be connected to either of them (Mary's husband, Lord Darnley was murdered Feb 9, 1567).

Queen Victoria, on the other hand, found February an excellent month as she was married on Feb 10, 1840 to her beloved Prince Albert.

If you were John Quincy Adams, February 9, 1825 was your lucky day. On that day the House of Representatives voted to elect him President even though he lost not only the popular election to Andrew Jackson, but also the the electoral college vote.

I hope you enjoyed today's random facts. And just for fun, anyone who posts today and tomorrow, only, will be entered in my monthly drawing. No "answers" needed, just post and let me know your favorite time period in history. I'll be back on Monday.

Labels:

3 Comments:
Blogger Jeanette J said...
I like the Viking period

Blogger KimW said...
I like the medieval time period. I find those time fascinating.

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Jeanette - have you read any of Johanna Lindsey's books. She's written a whole slew of Viking ones. I enjoyed them when I went through my "Viking" phase.

Kim - when I think of Medieval, I think of Margo McGuire. At least she's the last medieval author I've read recently. Do you have a favorite author for that time period?

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)