Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Monday, February 26, 2007
One Hundred Days of Freedom
I love traditional Regencies. They are my favorite type of romance to both read and write. My first one, The Importance of Almack's, is due out on July 3. I spent a good portion of this past weekend working on the blurb for it with my editor. Once it's OK'd for release, I'll post it here to give you a taste of what's to come. The next few months will be very busy, I think.

But, back to the Regency. Why do I love them? I think because I love fairy-tales and that period of time has a little bit of everything when it comes to the magical world of dreams-come-true. The glittering court surrounding the Crown, Prince Regent, and his cronies set against the backdrop of the Napoleonic War just feeds the imagination. And again, I love the simple romances that the traditional Regency represents. Too bad they are becoming fewer and fewer these days.

So, in honor of the decline of the Regency Romance, today's historical fact highlights another decline during that period.

This Day in History: On February 26, 1814, Napoleon escaped from where to begin the "Hundred Days" that ended at Waterloo.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:
Blogger Jeanette J said...
Elba

Blogger Rims said...
Hey Denise,

This game is very interesting and I am excited to try on the next one in the series.

Cheers!

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Hey, Jeanette, good job. I still haven't heard from you. Drop me a line, ok.

Rims, thanks for dropping by. I'll look forward to seeing more of you. Next month is Women's History Month, so I'll be digging up a lot of stuff about that as well as my favorite time periods, too.

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)