Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
In the eye of the beholder
Everyone has their own idea of what is and isn't art. Sometimes I see something in a museum and wonder why, and sometimes I see something in a museum and just love it. I love paintings and clothing exhibits. Depending on the models, I like miniatures, too. I love mini-recreations of historic buildings and scenery, and dioramas that show how people lived. Things like that fire my imagination and being the visual person that I am, I can write a story about something like that in no time.

But, art is more than the mediums I prefer. Music is art. Dance is art. Movies are art. Books are art. Even sports can be art. It is all in the way we view life. For some people - life is art.

So, on this Fat Tuesday, I salute ALL artists, wherever they are and whatever they do. This world needs them.

This Day in History: On February 20, 1872, what well known art museum opened its doors for the first time?

Labels:

2 Comments:
Blogger robynl said...
The Metropolitan Museum of Art

I think that book covers are a work of art, also.

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
You're right, robyn, on both counts. Although it may not convince me to buy the book, a good book cover will entice me to pick it up and take a look.

The Met is one of the places I plan to visit someday - unfortunately not soon.

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)