Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Thursday, February 08, 2007
Books and Movies
Do you like books that have been made into movies? Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Sometimes I watch a movie and wonder if the screenwriter really read the book. And, sometimes I watch a movie and re-live the book. There are movies I've seen and never read the book, and books I've read and never seen the movie. Then there are books I've read and wished they'd been made into a movie and movies I've seen and wished there had been a book.

What about you? Do you have any favorite movie/book combination? One of mine is The Color Purple. I think the screenwriters did a credible job from the book and I enjoyed both. Another is Deceptions (a TV movie). I remember as I was reading the book thinking that if they ever made it into a movie a certain actress ought to play the lead and someone in TV land must have read my mind! Even though they changed the ending, I still enjoyed them both. The last one I can remember is Lost Horizon. Another one where they changed the ending, but was still satisfying.

This Day in History: Considered the one of the most racist movies ever made, The Birth of a Nation, premiered in Los Angeles on this day in 1915. What was the name of the book it was based upon?

Labels:

3 Comments:
Blogger Jeanette J said...
The Clansman: An Historical Romance of the Ku Klux Klan

Blogger Reel Fanatic said...
"The Snapper," a simply fantastic little book by Roddy Doyle, was turned into a simply fantastic little flick by Stephen Frears .. they're equally great in my mind

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Great job, Jeanette. You're right, of course!

I'll have to look that one up, reel. I haven't heard of it before. Thanks for dropping by with that information.

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)