Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Monday, January 01, 2007
Happy 2007!
I hope this year is the best one yet for everyone, and is marked with brilliant successes in whatever you do.

I don't know about you, but I spent last night chaperoning seven boys (with my daughter and another male young adult) during a church youth lock-in. At 11:45 we went into the chapel and did a devotion about New Beginnings, then brought in the new year. The kids had a great time playing games most of the night. I got a little sleep, but not near enough.


So, today I'm at home recuperating and resting up since I have to go to work tomorrow.
Now, as promised, January's contest begins today with a New Year's Day challenge:

Today in History: January 1 was celebrated in Italy as New Year's Day for the first time in history with the adoption of the Julian calendar. What year was it?

The first person to post the correct answer goes into the hat for a drawing at the end of the month.
2 Comments:
Blogger Debby said...
Was this one 46BC

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Close, Debby, and I'll give it to you. My book says 45 BC. I figure that they couldn't be absolutely sure what year it was because in the years BC, I doubt they were counting their years backwards.

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)