Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
News
My oldest turns 21 today. I'm still trying to figure out where the time went. It has been a wild ride, but she's such a joy to have, I know life would have been very different without her. And, yes she has inspired a character or two over the years.

So, on the other hand, has my son. He's the "strong, silent type" who you never know what he's thinking. Of course, like most teenage boys, I wonder occasionally if he's thinking at all. We are, however, very proud of him as he was selected as his school's Sterling Scholar in Math.

On the writing front, I'm still trying to finish up my third Victorian. It's not cooperating. Maybe after the holidays when things calm down I'll be able to concentrate better. We'll see. At least the fourth one is finished and only needs a synopsis. In nearly every profession there's an aspect that is pure torture to get through. That's what a synopsis is for me. I'm never satisfied with it, no matter how many times I go through it. I usually have to just tell myself to send it after I've been over it more times than I care to count.

As for Christmas - well, after today it will be in full swing at my home. Once the birthday is out of the way, we can move on to Christmas. I'm not ready - never am, but it will come anyway.
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oooh, I dislike doing synposis also. It is very difficult for me. I like to fly by the seat of my pants and writing a synopsis is too much like a book report for school! LOL

Happy birthday to your daughter!

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Michelle, you hit it right on the head. I'd never thought of it quite like that, but you're right. I always hated writing book reports, too. :~D

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)