Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Week's end
For me, today is the last day of work this week. I need the break. It has been a week of ups and downs.

Ups: As my last post showed, I got my cover for my upcoming release, Adopting Alyssa. I'm really excited about this and don't know if I'm going to last for three more weeks. I had a great author day on By Grace Publishing's Reader Loop and have had a great time getting to know people there. Now that the elections are over, work will be ramping up - hmmm, I don't think that's an "up".

Downs: Sunday we got a call from my husband's brother. His 22-y/o son was killed in a car accident that morning. My daughter is only a year younger than her cousin - it hit her pretty hard. I started NaNoWriMo, but have done absolutely nothing on it this week because of other commitments. I'm hoping to get some solid writing time in tomorrow.

So, despite my encouraging everyone to go visit my Squidoo Lens on "Adopting Alyssa," I'm going to post the blurb here. I hope everyone will want to read it when it is released at the end of the month. In the meantime, enjoy this teaser. . .

When a tragic accident on the interstate leaves an orphaned 4-year-old in her charge, social worker Helen Carstairs is certain she's found the perfect couple to adopt her. Jason and Kelly Moore are a young couple in her congregation with a strong, steady faith.

The only thing that would make life more perfect for Kelly would be a baby of her own, not an enchanting four-year-old with adorable green eyes and the brightest smile this side of heaven. God seems to have other ideas and soon Kelly finds herself wondering how she got along without the little bundle of energy.

So, what are the odds that the bearer of so much joy would also be the catalyst that uncovers a secret Kelly thought long buried in her past? A secret which could undermine her faith and destroy her marriage, all in one fell swoop. But, as her world threatens to crumble around her, Kelly discovers the miracle of second chances and realizes God doesn't play the odds.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)