During this time of the year, our hearts turn towards those things we are thankful for in our lives. So, today, I thought I'd list some of the things I'm thankful for. . .
1. my life - it hasn't always been easy, but God has blessed me abundantly and I'm thankful for the life I have
2. my family - they are my joy; without them my cup would not be as full
3. my friends - someone once said "friends are the flowers in the garden of life" and I can attest that they brighten my life as few other things do
4. my faculties - the ability to see, hear, taste, touch, and smell are wonderful attributes that many do not have; I'm especially thankful for the one good ear I have
5. my coworkers - they provide structure to my days and support when my confidence fails; I could not do my job without them
And, finally, above all else. . .
6. Jesus - without Him in my life, none of the above would be as sweet, and life would be empty and hollow; Jesus gives meaning to everything around me; His sacrifice has made me whole and for that, words cannot express my thankfulness.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I hope you find love, laughter, and the saving grace of Jesus Christ in your life every day.