Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Changing Seasons
I love the fall. I'm not much of a cold-weather person, but I love the changing colors that fall brings. The bright reds, golds, and browns turn the mountains into a riot of color. I could sit and stare out the window all day. Of course, I'd be daydreaming, too.

With the onset of Fall, however, life gets hectic. School for kids and the wind-up to the holiday season just seems to make Fall a very hurried, disorganized season for me. I feel like I'm being pulled in four or five directions all at once. If I want to make Christmas gifts, now is when I start wandering fabric and craft stores and formulating ideas. Unfortunately, I'm in limbo because I had to send my embroidery machine back to the factory for service. It started breaking needles while I was working on a Halloween project and nothing I did seemed to help. So, since it's still under warranty, back it went. I hope the person I spoke with on the phone was right and I'll see it again in about two weeks.

Now that my first release is nearly out - I saw the cover for it yesterday - and I've finished writing the sequel, I told myself I was going to take a break from writing for at least a month before starting another project. Hah! Guess again. Last Friday, during a sleepless night, I plotted a new Regency Inspirational. So, now I'm researching 18th and 19th century Dissenters in England and the missionary movement in India. We'll see what it yields.

My upcoming weekend will be extremely busy, but I hope I can get some more research in. I may try to bang this story out during NaNoWriMo. Wish me luck!
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)