Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Sunday, September 10, 2006
Writing. . .
is dreaming on paper - at least it is for me. I can spend hours lying awake in bed dreaming up a new plot or working through the twists and turns of an existing one. Once I figure it out, though, I'm up and writing it down. It's the best part about writing - being able to transfer something from my head to paper (or computer screen) and still have it make sense!

Right now, I'm working on a second Inspirational. Don't ask me why. Inspirationals are way out of my comfort zone when it comes to writing, but when a story pops up in your head, you don't have any choice but to write it down. The Muse is only so tolerant and isn't easy to live with when she doesn't get her way. Mine isn't as bad as some, but there are days when I wish she'd stay on topic, i.e. the current story, and not feed me new stuff that I don't have time for.

What about you? Do you have a Muse - fickle or otherwise? What do you do when she doesn't come home, or lazes about on the couch talking a mile a minute expecting you to keep up?
2 Comments:
Blogger Kat Hall said...
Since my accident a year ago last month, my muse went on a long vacation.

I had a very rough year with the accident, my DIL's mother being killed, my mother passing, me getting sick and getting laid off. No wonder my muse is on a long vacation.

I made a decision to move back home (sucker for punishment). Now I have to find a place to live (buy one) and a job. Without the energy to get me through all this, it will be a tough one for moving. I have started some packing. Have been paring down a lot and going through just a little bit of mom's stuff, I have been giving it to WIN House and Mustard Seed church. WIN House is for women or women with children who have left an abusive home and they have nothing to their name. Mustard Seed looks after the homeless.

I do not have a blog except at my space. Maybe one day when I have more time (lol). The blog at my space is under Kathryn Crystal and I very seldom use it. I get all of Becka's blogs.

I will add you to my blog group.

Kat
Head Reader for Champagne Books
www.champagnebooks.com

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Wow, Kat you've been through a lot in the past year. I hope that this year turns into a better one.

I know what it's like to be going through another's life accumulations. When my aunt died in 2002 I had to not only go through all her stuff, but also my grandmother's who had died 16 years before. My aunt just kept all that stuff but never pared it down.

Good luck and thanks for dropping by.

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)