Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Traveling
I love history. Along with that comes a love of castles and fortresses. Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, Germany, is the romantic castle-lover's dream. It's fairy tale-esque beauty conjures up (thanks to Disney) tales of sleeping princesses, dancing princesses, enchanted princesses, etc. I can't tell you how many times I've been there, but each time I'm struck by its outside beauty more than the inside. Because it's unfinished, I'm disappointed each time I enter it. For inside inspiration, it's nearby cousin, Hohenschwangau, is a better choice. It's not as pretty on the outside, but its inside gives me a glimpse into life during those times that Neuschwanstein lacks. Next June my husband and I are taking the kids to Germany, but we have decided to skip Neuschwanstein in favor of the Marienburg in Wurzburg and possibly a side trip into Austria to Salzburg's fortress. I'm also hoping that we will get back to Regensburg so I can tour the Thurn and Taxis Palace again. It's where I've decided to begin my next Regency.

Labels:

1 Comments:
Blogger Meg Allison said...
Gorgeous picture, Denise!
Thanks for sharing. :)

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)