Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Subbing
When I hit the "Send" button last night to sub one of my Victorians to my editor at Samhain, I was feeling pretty good. Turned off the computer and went to bed. I actually got a good night's sleep.

This morning is a different story. I woke up with all kinds of possible changes to that story floating around in my head - things I could have done to make it better, scenes I could have written differently, even scenes I could have added or deleted that might have made my baby better. I have a million excuses about why it wasn't ready. So, now that I can't take it back and coddle it some more, my stomach is in knots. Eating today might be difficult.

Hmmm. Maybe sending your baby out into the cold, cruel world is a great way to crash diet. It might just be for me.
3 Comments:
Blogger Ali said...
Hi again, Denise :-)
lol, I don't quite think that that is a great way to diet. Don't worry, I'm sure it'll all turn out well :-)

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Ali. I agree about the diet, but unlike many people, when I stress, I DON'T eat rather than the other way around - unless it's chocolate, of course.

Blogger Ali said...
of course...when do we ever feel too bad to have chocolate? lol

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)