Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Do You Like History?
My name is Denise, and I'm a history-aholic.

It doesn't take much for me to get immersed in something regarding years gone by. Of course, I prefer some time periods over others, but if I pick up a book and it catches my attention, I'll read it - no matter what time period it is.

My favorite era for reading is 19th century Europe. Regencies and Victorians are my favorites for writing as well. When I was in college *mumble* years ago, I was fascinated by the Holy Roman Empire and the family that dominated it for so long, the Hapsburgs. I read and studied everything I could get my hands on concerning them. If I had unlimited funds, Vienna would be my destination of choice for travel and research. And, after that? A trip through Switzerland would be necessary.

So, what era do you like? And, what places would you like to visit if you had unlimited funds?
2 Comments:
Blogger Michelle Styles said...
You know -- have you thought about combining your love history and the inspirationals? Steeple Hill is about to launch its new history line -- just a thought.

And me -- I'm addicted to history!

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
I have, Michelle, but the right story hasn't hit me yet. One of these days. . .

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)