Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Chatting
I love talking to people, so chatting over the Internet has become a source of fun for me. Of course, I only chat with people I know, but I enjoy it immensely. So, when I'm invited to a chat, I do everything I can to get there. I've discovered recently that there are different kinds of chats and I like and dislike things about both. I'm sure there are other kinds, too, but these are the only two I've been involved in.

Chatrooms: I like these because they are somewhat real-time and it's like getting ten (or more) people in a room and having them all talking at once. It can be overwhelming, but it can also be fun. On the other hand, you can get lost in the shuffle in these kinds of chats if you don't make yourself known and keep making comments.

Loops and Groups chats: These are good if you want to answer specific questions from specific people and for posting excerpts from your current work. I just can't see posting a 500-word excerpt in a chatroom (not to mention, you probably couldn't) and expecting people to read and comment on it. The other great thing about groups chats is that they are left there for you to go back in case you miss part of it. The downside for me is the real-time loss. And the fact that it starts to slow down after a while. I also hate hitting the "Refresh" button all the time. Can you tell I'm lazy?

So, what are your thoughts on chatting? Do you like it? Not like it? Do you have a favorite type or place for chatting? Inquiring minds want to know.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)